It’s been a really sad week for celebrities. My thoughts are with the families of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson. :(
But on a personal note, I do have some good news! After six months of dieting and exercising with no results, I’m finally losing weight! I’ve officially lost 6 of the 14 pounds I’m trying to lose. Woo hoo! I think the weight loss is due to a number of factors, including cutting bread, pasta, and potatoes out of my diet and increasing my activity levels. I hope I can keep it up and lose these last 8 pounds!
And now on to best posts from the blogosphere this week:
- Budgets are Sexy says you should live like you’re broke. Great advice!
- Get Rich Slowly offers the first three steps to financial freedom for people who are just getting started.
- Free from Broke shares some of the benefits of AAA. All of the discounts plus roadside assistance is more than worth what we pay for membership (only $25 a year!)
- Cash Money Life has some tips for what to do when leaving your job.
- Money Ning offers a comprehensive list of ways to save money every money.
- Sense to Save has noticed that frugality is trendy. I agree, and I love it!
That’s all from me for the week. Have a great weekend and a happy Friday!