Looks like I spoke too soon when I sung the praises of TurboTax last week. Ugh.
I’ve had some issues that I’ll share with you in a later post (probably this weekend). For now, I’m just happy it’s over and hoping there won’t be any additional snags.
I’m looking forward to a quiet weekend at home. I’m not one to make a big fuss over Valentine’s Day — I prefer to spend every day of the year showing my husband how much I love him. **sap alert**But it’s nice to have an extra excuse to give him a kiss and a hug and let him know that I still think I’m the luckiest girl in the world. :) **sap alert ended**
And now for some great writing from the blogosphere:
- Paid Twice shares why spending sacrifices the future but savings sacrifices today. I agree that balance is best.
- On Simplicity shares her favorite online organization resources. We have some visitors coming in March, so I’ll be using these resources to get organized in the coming weeks.
- Bargaineering offers tips for free tax filing resources. I probably should have used some of these instead of dropping the cash on TurboTax and getting a massive headache.
- The Happy Housewife is saving money this Valentine’s Day by dining in. We haven’t decided what we’ll make for dinner, but we’ll definitely be eating at home.
- Frugal in Virginia shares some great tips for saving money in Washington DC, my favorite frugal vacation destination. We’ll be taking a trip there at the end of the month (we also got a great deal on HotelClub.com).
Happy Friday the 13th!